The IMF/World Bank Annual Meetings are right around the corner. Time to discuss whether their work contributes to inequality reduction, decent work and economic growth.
Thursday, 17 October 2019 | 11:00am-12:30pm | World Bank I Building, Room 2-210 | Washington, D.C.
This panel debates the contribution of the international financial institutions to sustainable development goals 8 and 10 on inequality reduction, decent work and economic growth. How are the institutions supporting the goals? What is the role of labour and human rights? Where can the institutions better support the goals?
- Sean Nolan, Deputy Director of IMF Strategy, Policy and Review Department
- Michael Weber, Senior Economist, World Bank Jobs Group
- Franz Ebert, Research Fellow, Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law
- Kate Donald, Director of Economic and Social Policy, Center for Economic and Social Rights
- Moderated by Muttaqa Yusha’u, Trade Union Policy Research Fellow, ITUC/FES